The Prince George’s County Health Department is getting regular updates and guidelines from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and state health partners. There is no vaccine to protect against coronavirus and no medication to approved to treat it.
The best prevention and illness management strategies include the same ones we use during cold and flu season We encourage you to do the same everyday action to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses::
* Wash your hands often with soap and water at least for 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
* Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hand.
* Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
* Stay home when you are sick.
*Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
* Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
For more information click on the links below: